After my previous post featuring ‘undersung’ Kander & Ebb audition songs for women, I received a number of requests to write a post with male audition selections. The pool of songs to choose from was smaller here because many of the great Kander & Ebb solo numbers were written for popular actresses (i.e. Liza Minnelli). However, after reviewing about 15 Kander & Ebb show scores, I came up with the excellent male selections below. Notably, I have excluded solos from Chicago and Cabaret because they tend to be overdone in auditions (this doesn’t necessarily mean you shouldn’t sing/assign them– it’s just something to be aware of). Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!
P.S. If you need further assistance finding repertoire for yourself or for your students, make sure to ‘like’ the Kevin Michael Jones Voice Studio & Repertoire Services page on Facebook!
1. “I Miss the Music” from CURTAINS
2. “I Don’t Remember You” from THE HAPPY TIME
3. “Life Is” from ZORBA
4. “Sometimes a Day Goes By” from WOMAN OF THE YEAR
5. “The Skin of Our Teeth” from ALL ABOUT US
6. “She’s a Woman” from KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
7. “Go Back Home” from THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS
8. “Second Chance” from STEEL PIER
9. “Sara Lee” from AND THE WORLD GOES ROUND
10. “You, You, You” from THE VISIT